- ISSN: 01676393
Speech Communication (Individual Journal)
Description:Speech Communication is a publication of the European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP), which can be located at http://www.eurasip.org and the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA), which can be located at
The journal's primary objectives are:
• to present a forum for the advancement of human and human-machine speech communication science;
• to stimulate cross-fertilization between different fields of this domain;
• to contribute towards the rapid and wide diffusion of scientifically sound contributions in this domain. Subject Coverage:
Subject areas covered in this journal include:
• Basics of oral communication and dialogue: modelling of production and perception processes; phonetics and phonology; syntax; semantics and pragmatics of speech communication; cognitive aspects.
• Models and tools for language learning: functional organisation and developmental models of human language capabilities; acquisition and rehabilitation of spoken language; speech & hearing defects and aids.
• Speech signal processing: analysis, coding, transmission, enhancement, robustness to noise.
• Models for automatic speech communication: speech recognition; language identification; speaker recognition; speech synthesis; oral dialogue.
• Development and evaluation tools: monolingual and multilingual databases; assessment methodologies; specialised hardware and software packages; field experiments; market development.
• Multimodal human computer interface: using speech I/O in combination with other modalities, e.g., gesture and handwriting.
• Forensic speech science: forensic voice comparison; forensic analysis of disputed utterances; speaker identification by earwitnesses.