- ISSN: 03770273
Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research (Individual Journal)
Description:An international research journal with focus on volcanic and geothermal processes and their impact on the environment and society. Submission of papers covering the following aspects of volcanology and geothermal research are encouraged: (1) Geological aspects of volcanic systems: volcano stratigraphy, structure and tectonic influence; eruptive history; evolution of volcanic landforms; eruption style and progress; dispersal patterns of lava and ash; analysis of real-time eruption observations.
(2) Geochemical and petrological aspects of volcanic rocks: magma genesis and evolution; crystallization; volatile compositions, solubility, and degassing; volcanic petrography and textural analysis.
(3) Hydrology, geochemistry and measurement of volcanic and hydrothermal fluids: volcanic gas emissions; fumaroles and springs; crater lakes; hydrothermal mineralization.
(4) Geophysical aspects of volcanic systems: physical properties of volcanic rocks and magmas; heat flow studies; volcano seismology, geodesy and remote sensing.
(5) Computational modeling and experimental simulation of magmatic and hydrothermal processes: eruption dynamics; magma transport and storage; plume dynamics and ash dispersal; lava flow dynamics; hydrothermal fluid flow; thermodynamics of aqueous fluids and melts.
(6) Volcano hazard and risk research: hazard zonation methodology, development of forecasting tools; assessment techniques for vulnerability and impact.