- ISSN: 00954470
Journal of Phonetics (Individual Journal)
Description:The Journal of Phonetics publishes papers of an experimental or theoretical nature that deal with phonetic aspects of language and linguistic communication processes. Papers dealing with technological and/or pathological topics, or papers of an interdisciplinary nature are also suitable, provided that linguistic-phonetic principles underlie the work reported. Regular articles, review articles, and letters to the editor are published. Themed issues are also published, devoted entirely to a specific subject of interest within the field of phonetics. Research Areas Include:
• Speech production, the application of various measurement techniques, physiological modeling, development of production models, and theories.
• Speech acoustics, methods of acoustic data analysis, compression, and processing.
• Speech perception, perception models, auditory and neural representation of speech, and processing of speech vs non-speech signals.
• Phonetic aspects of psycholinguistics, word recognition models, and psychological representation of speech in terms of various units.
• Speech synthesis, linguistic analysis aimed at improving synthesis systems.
• Automatic speech recognition and speaker recognition.
• Descriptive phonetics pertaining to individual languages.
• The relation between phonetics and phonology.
• Vocal fold functioning in normal and pathological speech.
• Various aspects of pathological speech production, acoustics, and perception.
• Speech and language acquisition.
• Phonetic aspects of foreign language acquisition. Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services. Please see our Guide for Authors for information on article submission. If you require any further information or help, please visit our support pages: http://support.elsevier.com